Hello all RECorders!
As you’ve surely noticed by now, we’ve launched a new version of hitRECord with a lot of improvements, new functionality, and user interface design work. Our small team has been working really hard on this since before Sundance, and we’re very excited to release it. We hope you like it and find it much improved in many areas.
It’s still a work in progress, and we’ll be rolling out a lot of bug fixes and tweaks over the rest of the week, plus a number of new features (like new collaboration pages, ability to “hide” records, new album layouts, etc.) over the coming weeks.
We’re very interested to hear feedback as you guys start to use it. Let us know things you like, dislike, or any bugs or errors or problems you run into.
Here’s a list of some of the headline improvements:
- Brand new Record Creation process, with improved uploading, tagging, pre-set tags, and a vastly improved resource citing interface that allows you to search full thumbnails as well as quickly check your recent recommendations and downloads (as these are most often the records we all want to resource)
- Completely redesigned and re-written Dashboard. It still shows the same six notification types under the same two tabs as the previous site, but now all records display full size, recommendations are collated together so you don’t see repeat recommendations, and you can also easily switch between the mingled feed of all activity or select individual streams (like just seeing new records from people you subscribe to).
- New Homepage Layout to more easily browse through the Featured Records, and to highlight the Featured Collaborations we’re focusing on. More improvements and adjustments are already planned for this.
- New Browse & Search page. Now with the ability view records in thumbnail format (with playable content!) and full notecard view. Also, this is where the old homepage sidebar links (recently recommended, latest records, most recommened, and greatest hits) live, which makes more sense.
- Brand new User Pages! (this is one of my favorites). A much cleaner view of your records, featured records, recommendations, and collaborations. Plus, the ability to search, filter, and sort within any users records.
- Also, we now track downloads and subscriptions so you can quickly see the records you’ve downloaded in the past and see all the people you subscribe to. (note: these are private categories that aren’t visible to other users)
- New Footer with quick links to all areas of hitRECord (note: this is where the old “Conversations” page link is. I know a lot of people really enjoy that page, and we have a lot of new improvements to conversations coming soon, which is why it’s hidden down there now)
That’s a short overview of the new improvements. Again, we’re really interested to hear what you all think and how it’s working for you.
Thanks to all of you for the love and care you have for this website and community. We keep trying to make it better for you, and hope you enjoy the new features we’ve built.